Saturday, March 5, 2016

This one's r
DOUBLE TROUBLE



 

“Anyone fool enough to marry identical twins one after the other, needs a keeper.”

The warning from Brian’s father rang though his thoughts as he stood at the alter.

He looked toward Alicia and saw her sweet innocence. ‘This time, I’ll get it right.’ Only

the twins mother and he could tell them apart. Their father gave up after their teen age

years, when they became exactly like clones. But Brian was absolutely convinced he

wasn’t marrying Alexandria all over again.

Alexandria had a mole high on the inside of her left thigh shaped like a crescent

moon. Alicia amazingly had a tiny beauty spot located exactly in the same area. However

the crescent was turned backwards. He paused suddenly, ‘God forbid, they wouldn‘t dare,

or would they?’ His body started to convulse ever so slightly but no one took notice

except Brian’s best man.

“You have the shakes man?”

Brian waved him to silence. The ceremony continued as Brian felt beads of sweat

roll down between his shoulder blades. Finally the scary part started,

“…. or forever hold your peace.”

Two agonizing seconds went by. ‘Slam, Slam’ echoed through the small church as

the rear doors were thrown back.

“I object” rang out.

Both bride and groom stared at the rear of the church, where Alexandria stood

there stomping her foot,

“I’ve been kidnapped,” she yelled. “Further more it was my sister and two ruffians

who grabbed me, tied me up and locked me in a closet..”

“You’re out of your mind sis, you are Alexandria. Your sorry that you lost him.

Don’t make an idiot of yourself.”

“Mom,” Alexandria screamed, “you tell her I’m Alicia., for God sakes.”

The wedding party fell in a stupor of shock listening to this and the preacher’s

comments didn’t help,

“I’m not going to be a party to a circus,” he said, left the pulpit and walked out of

the church.

Brian took the mike and addressed the rather amused wedding crowd,

“I’m sorry for the interruption, there’s no need explaining the problem, but if you’ll

be patient with us, it shouldn’t take long to work out.”

With the wedding party disappearing through the side door, the wedding crowd

broke out in chitter, chatter to amuse themselves while Brian’s best man set out to capture

the preacher. Forty five minutes later, the music started and Alicia marched down the aisle

with a radiant smile.

Brian leaned to the minister’s ear,

“Skip the part about ‘forever hold your peace.”

The preacher nodded, the wedding went on without a hitch as did the reception at

a nearby hotel. Later on as the two lovers entwined each other, Brian froze as a moment

of doubt arose,

“I know I’m a worry wart, but would you mind if I look at your beauty mark for a

moment?”

A slight pause in love making, a quick look and Brian bolted out of bed. “Damn it

Alexandria, I married you twice. Why?”



“Well, we talked about it before the wedding and Alicia told her thoughts to me.”

“Her ideas? I thought she loved me.”

“She does and so do I, You know I‘ve missed you. We decided to share you

between us only we wont tell which one because we‘re having the beauty spots removed

surgically. It’ll be more amusing to you when you wonder who you’re sleeping with. As

you furious with us?”

Brian thought for a moment and an devilish looking grin filled his face,

“I kind of like the idea,” he said. “Let’s see which one of you can please me the

most“

The exhausted couple spread across the bed. Alexandria slept soundly, Brian

grinned,

‘I know the key to tell them apart but don‘t think you as the reader is going to find

out.’



.
eally off the hook, guys. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment