Saturday, September 17, 2016


NATASHA IVANOFF



THIRTY THOUSAND EMAILS



PART SEVEN



 

 

As Doug’s crippled F16 limped across the sky toward Denver’s airport, he

continued to lose altitude. Worse than that, Natasha lost consciousness from her wounds

despite all her efforts to stop the bleeding.,

Bill, can you hear me?’

“Of course Doug.”

“Natasha’s fainted, it doesn’t look good. I’m going to increase speed to 600,

drop to eight thousand and make one shot to the runway.”

“Are you sure you want to do that?”

“It’s the only way she’ll make it, she needs immediate care before she bleeds to

death.. There’re assembling a small hospital in the terminal to save time.”

“Go for it,” yelled Vince, “that’s great idea and good luck”

Denver airport replied, “We have a lock, at ten miles, I’ll notify, drop back to

three hundred. At five miles, drop to landing speed. You’re cleared to come in dead stick

if necessary. Ambulances and doctors already at the field.”

The F16 roared toward the airport at a thundering speed, Doug’s handling of the

plane was masterful, even so he used all but three hundred feet of concrete before he

managed to stop with a side skid that almost flipped the aircraft.. At the last moment the

nose wheel collapsed, sparks flew everywhere but no fire started.

Opening the hatch, medical personnel treated Natasha with transfusion and

oxygen. However her heart suddenly stopped. Two doctors used a heart defibrillator and

shocked her to a feeble beat. Vince had climbed a front end loader on the opposite side of

the doctors and talked in her ear quietly, After twenty minutes, her vitals were strong

enough to transport to the nearest hospital.

A doctor by the name of Don Adams rode in the ambulance with Vince and two

nurses,

“Clinically, I thought she wouldn’t make it when you were whispering to her.

What did you tell her?“

I told her I loved her, would cherish her and could out run her and swim faster

than she could. I’d figured she make it just to prove me wrong.”

“Well obviously you stirred her up.”

“I know I did, I‘ll have hell to pay when she wakes up.”

“I seriously doubt that. She’s a real beauty and her will power, well you’ve seen a

sample.”

“Seriously doctor, how long will it take her to recuperate?”

“Less than two weeks. The wounds aren’t that bad, she almost died from lack of

blood, not the injury. I‘m tempted to asked you something.?

“Let it rip doctor.”

“Have you and your girlfriend personally started WW III? You’re all over the

news.”

“It certainly seems like it the last two days, however you will be sworn to secrecy

by the military.”

 

“I realize that. We’re using the service entrance to the hospital to shake the

reporters. I just want to say, God Speed and good luck to you while we’re in a private

talk.”

“And I thank you for your medical skill, I’m sure I speak for, for …………..”

“Natasha’s the name son, in case you forgot. They briefed us before your plane

arrived. That was quite a landing, I am a retired colonel in the air force.”

“How about paying some attention to the patient.”

‘Thank God you’re awake Nat.”

“Oh, I‘ve been listening for a minute or two. Is Doug okay? I blacked out before

we landed.”

“If not for Doug, you wouldn’t have made it Nat, he‘s fine and on the way here by

car..”

“I had the strangest dream Vince, you wouldn’t believe how unusual.”



“I’d like to hear about it. but right now we’re pulling up to the hospital and I’m

sure you’ll be very busy. I won’t leave your side love, until we can talk“

“She‘s out again Vince,” Dr. Adams said. “I’ll make sure you can stay by her

side. We don’t want to lose her now.” . :





.



















INTO THE PAST
 
 

 

My interview with a nut-case wasn’t unusual during my work week. Being chief operating officer of the largest patent attorney‘s office in Washington, left me little choice but to interview most of the nut-case propositions. In front of my desk, sat a small helicopter like device with two seats in it. On the outside were whirling radius objects that sped so fast around the small machine, sounds of what might be gun fire, exploded in my office as the whirling objects broke the sound barrier.



“Enough already, you should hear this with my hearing aids on,” I said.

The cute blonde operator dressed in a tight silk tee shirt and hot pants opened the porthole,

“What about it Mr. Charlton, want to see yourself again when you were twenty.?”



“I don’t take dares without being serious, Judy. Move your tight “you know” over, I’m coming aboard.”



“Are you sure your heart can handle a trip through time?”

“With what your flashing at me, lass, if I can handle that, I’m up to the ride.”

“Now don’t take this as being forward, Mr. Charlton, but the seat is so small, I’ll need to sit on your lap to close the cockpit. Any issues with that?”

“Not on my part if you’re used to elevator rides.”

“Sounds interesting, I’m closing the hatch. Oops, sorry about brushing your cheek.”



“It seems to me, you could manage to keep those puppies in order.”

“I’m trying, you can only do so much with a pair of 38’s.What time period?’

“Late fall, 1955, University of Miami campus.’

“Here we go, hold on tight.”

“I would but you have my arms pinned to my side.”

“Oops again , I need to adjust the seat handle, it’s under your right leg. Just a

minute.”

:”Take all the time you need Judy, I’m not in any hurry.”

“Thank you for being polite. I think I finally reached the handle.”

“Judy,”

“What?’

“That’s not the handle your looking for.“

“Oh it isn’t, too bad.”

“Judy, start this damn thing.”

“My but you’re anxious, Mr. Charlton. I wouldn’t hurt you for the world unless

you pleaded with me.”

“Okay, Judy, I’m in your hands, but you can forget about the hurt issue.”

“Got it sir, cleared for take off.”

“So am I.”

Smoke and noise filled the room, the plaster on the walls cracked from the heat and then the machine disappeared. Three weeks later with not a sign of the time machine, Miss Bristle Butt, Charlton’s executive secretary filed a missing persons report. Then a telegram surfaced from 1955, with faded writing,

As Miss Bristle opened it, a smile erupted across her craggy brow,

“Miss Bristle, having a wonderful time, be back in the spring. Get that worthless son of mine and put him to work again. Tell him his bonus will be a six week trip with Judy, I’m not selfish about sharing things, especially with junior. Oh yes, and order six refills on my prescription.”














No comments:

Post a Comment